Suite 1, 110 Hutt Street
Adelaide SA 5000
Contract 1 – 4 days per week (8 – 32 hours per week) as a non-salaried provider (independent contractor)
Salary Remuneration approximately $180,000 – $250,000 PA (for 3 – 4 days per week), equivalent to 60% receipted billings
About the role
myPRODERM is excited to offer an opportunity for a Consultant Dermatologist join their expanding practice.
The role of Consultant Dermatologist is to provide high-quality patient-centred consulting and surgical services to patients through assessment, treatment and monitoring conditions of the hair skin and nails, whilst contributing to a dynamic small team. Experience in both paediatric and adult dermatology is preferred.
Hours are flexible and open to negotiation. There is also the opportunity for rural outreach as myPRODERM also services the Adelaide Hills and the Riverland.
Core objectives of this role include
- Uphold the Mission Statement and Vision of myPRODERM.
- Evaluate patients and provide high-quality medical, surgical and cosmetic treatment for various conditions within accepted Scope of Practice.
- Document all patient evaluations, treatments, medications and transactions according to company policies and procedures.
- Prescribe, administer and dispense medication in accordance with state and national statutes.
- Ensure own compliance with all applicable regulations including insurance, registration and qualifications.
- Comply with other practice policies.
About the practice
The practice sees a broad range of patients and offers medical and surgical dermatology. Special services include injectables, intense pulsed light, platelet rich plasma, photodynamic therapy, chemical peels, micro-needling, patch testing and telehealth.
The clinic is well-appointed with two consulting rooms, a surgical procedure room, a cosmetic/IPL room and a sterilisation room. All rooms are fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment. Special-interest nurses also attend for dedicated clinics, including eczema and cosmetics.
The following are required for this position
- Fellowship of the Australasian College of Dermatology (or equivalent)
- Current AHPRA Registration (or equivalent vocational registration)
- National Police Check, Working with Vulnerable Persons Check Working with Children Check
- Basic Life Support Certificate
Required skills and competencies
- Customer service focused. committed to providing exceptional customer service across all channels – written, phone and face to face. Excellent manner when interacting with patients and referrers.
- Communication. ability to communicate clearly and concisely, varying communication style depending upon the audience.
- Attention to detail. excellent attention to detail and written skills when communicating with others, both internally and externally.
- Commerciality. ability to apply knowledge in a practical, commercial manner.
- Teamwork. willingness to assist and support others as required and collaborate with a small multidisciplinary team.
- Time management/organisation. accomplish objectives effectively within given time frame, and carry out duties within portfolio in an efficient and timely manner. Reliable availability and punctual attendance.
- Proficiency to learn and improve. demonstrate an ability to absorb and assimilate new information and processes.
A full position description is available upon request.
How to apply
Please send your application directly to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are open from 1 January 2024 and close midnight ACST 1 April 2024.
myPRODERM welcomes applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions.